Valentine’s Day Wine Cork Wall Hanging
This Valentine’s Day Wine Cork Heart is one of my all time favorite Valentine’s Day gifts because they are super easy to make and make your house a little more festive. Make someone’s day when you give them this handcrafted Valentine’s Day wine cork heart. You can make your own in just minutes, perfect for gift giving this Valentine’s Day season! All you need is a few corks, and a few other basic craft supplies. I’ve been saving corks for awhile for projects like these so I love it when the idea strikes. But if you don’t have any on hand here are a couple ways to get yours for cheap!
Go to your local thrift stores and look for some there. I once found a rather large collection for less than a few dollars!
Craft stores often have a percentage off coupon. Use them to lower the price of craft corks and pay anywhere from 40%-50% off.
Place an add in your local Swap Shop Groups to ask people to save them for you. Lots of people enjoy a glass of wine and just pitch the corks. Contact your local restaurants that serve wine as well and see if they would be willing to save you some of the ones they have. Also be sure to check out your local Dollar Tree for paint, plates, ribbons and corks. They always have a large selection at a great price.
Small white plate
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by dipping the end of your wine cork into the red craft
2. Press the wine cork at the bottom of the plate. Remove. You will see the round imprint it makes. This will be the start of your wine cork heart.
3. Continue dipping and pressing to create the outline of your heart.
4. Once done and the heart is complete, allow the
5. Take a generous amount of hot glue and add it to the back of the plate. Press your ribbon to the glue and hold it in place until secure.
6. Tie the ribbon into a bow for hanging and your wine cork wall hanging is now ready to be displayed!
Check out the fun Valentine’s inspired crafts as well