Good morning!! It’s National Peanut Day!! I love peanuts and decided I would let you in on some things we use peanut butter for in our house!!
John Washington Carver was from Missouri and he worked for years on researching and promoting different uses of peanuts. He had a list of over 300 uses for peanuts!! He was credited for inventing peanut butter but other cultures did it as well and the patent was given to someone else. I thought it would be fun facts to share with you this morning!
- Peanut Butter (It is a staple in our house) : cookies, peanut butter and jelly, apples and peanut butter
- Mouse traps (we put a little peanut butter in it to catch the pesky things when needed.)
- Remove tags, and other sticky substances
- Gum removal
- Cleaner for leather couches–rub it into the couch in a circle motion buff it off with a cloth and your couch looks good as new. I don’t do this very often.
- Peanut Butter in place of butter in recipes. My favorite is brownies with peanut butter, it tastes almost as good as a Reeses!!